Friday 2 November 2012

Is Your Bucket Overflowing?


Today at lunch we read a follow-up story to the story we read last week about filling  people's buckets  with good thoughts and compliments.  This story was called, "Have You Filled a Bucket Today?"  It is written by Carol McCloud and illustrated by David Messing.  The book teaches children how to be bucket fillers.  Children who learn how to express kindness and love to others lead happier lives.  Each day we try and encourage the students to give at least one compliment to another student.  Have you filled someone's bucket today?

5 comments:

  1. I like the concept. I will ask Joel about it too.
    Joel's mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really important to express kindness and love. What a good concept to learn! Alan's mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book! We have it at home, it's one of my favorites. I'm so glad that you read it in class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your comments. We love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday Jack filled my bucket when he exclaimed "What a great way to start the day!". You should ask him why he said it.
    We have the Bucket book at home too and it is one of my favorites, just like Jenson's mom. Have you filled someone's bucket today?

    ReplyDelete