Monday 14 January 2013

Goals for 2013

During our first week back at school we talked about the importance of setting goals and how to achieve those goals.  First we brainstormed for all things at school that we do during a day and then we talked about some of the things we find hard and that we need to work on or get better at.  Some of our ideas included:  reading, writing, listening to others, focusing our attention during work time, math, and  improving our fitness level. Next we had to review our report cards with our parents and come up with a goal that we needed to work on.  Then we talked about how to achieve our goals.  Finally, we wrote our goals down.  We are going to review our goals regularly and see if we are improving. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love all the work you've done with goal setting in your class. My grade one students have been looking at goals too. Every morning we choose one person and we write up one of their goals. In addition this week during big buddies we will be setting goals in three different areas of our lives. Our big buddies will help us come up with ways for us to work to achieve those goals. Goal setting is so important no matter how old you are. It's always good to try to work on being your best in all areas. Ms. Lirenman

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal is to print neatly. I am trying hard to reach my goal. I just wrote my word wall words from my planner!

    by Henry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goal setting is super important -- and you can do it for your whole life.

    I make everyone in my department set goals for the year. And, even more importantly, I check with them about every two weeks to see how they are doing with their goals. It's a lot of people and goals to keep track of, but it is probably the most important thing that I do.

    Graham's Dad.

    ReplyDelete