Tuesday 31 March 2015

Good for the Heart ~Good for the Soul!

Last Friday we participated in the school-wide Jump Rope for Heart fundraiser.  It's a fundraiser for the Heart and Stroke Foundation, and we worked hard to keep our bodies moving!  We were put into seven teams with our big buddies, and we took turns skipping for one minute each.  We skipped for about 40 minutes without stopping!  In the end, we were all hot and tired, but proud of our efforts. 


 Here are some action shots of us skipping. . . .  We were so fast it was hard to capture us!























Do you volunteer your time to raise money to help other people?  Do you do any fundraising at your school for charities?

2 comments:

  1. My Mom and me go door to door to fundraise for the Canadian Cancer Society. We did it last year and we are going to start for this year next week. danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to do! I have canvassed for the Canadian Cancer Society for years too! I have also canvassed for the Heart and Stroke Foundation. I am so proud of you. It is so nice to help others! I know they truly appreciate it! We need more people like you!

    ReplyDelete